Too Many Chiefs Only One Indian
Sat Bains offers an unprecedented view into his past, recipes and philosophies on food in his multi-award-winning cookbook.
Too Many Chiefs Only One Indian is Sat’s autobiographical cookbook, featuring the tasting menus of Restaurant Sat Bains, with 68 in-depth recipes, demonstrating how research, development and creativity play a vital role in Sat’s food pairings and flavour combinations. The recipes are presented in seven courses mirroring the tasting menu at the restaurant, but with the addition of Sat’s famous Ham/Egg/Peas which took him through to the final of the Great British Menu. The seven courses are: Introduction, Savouries, Main Course, Crossover, Chocolate, Cheese, and To Finish. The book details the theories, thought process and evolution that shape Sat’s food.
With a foreword by Heston Blumenthal and contributions from 35 of Sat’s chef friends.
- Awards for Too Many Chiefs Only One Indian:
- Best of the Best – Best-designed cookbook in the world over the last 20 years at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 1995-2015 – Frankfurt
- Best in the World – Cookbook Design at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards – Paris
- Best UK Cookbook at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards – Paris
- Best Book Design, ADC Bronze Cube, The Art Directors’ Club – New York
- Best Book Design, International Association of Culinary Professionals – San Francisco
- Best Print Design, The Drum Design Awards – London
- Best Publication, Roses Silver Award, Roses Creative Awards – Manchester
- Best Cookbook, Bronze Award, Printing Industries of America Premier Print Awards – Chicago
- Best Printed Cookbook, Gold Ink Awards – Chicago